How to Submit Music to I Am Radio
Who may submit music:
You must be an official member, representative/agent or manager of the band, The music you are submitting must belong to your band (either one of your members wrote it or you have full rights to it).
How to submit your music:
There are several ways to submit your music:
- For larger files(loss-less formats like .wav) you may want to give us a download link. For example Dropbox.
What happens to the music you submit:
- Your music will be evaluated by our Music Panel for suitability for either Christian Rock or Christian Contemporary genres.
- If we select your music we will notify you by email.
- Your music will be placed in one of the following, Top 40, Featured or Current List based on the panels ranking of the music.
- If your music gets a lot of listeners we will move it higher up on the rankings so it gets more airplay.
- We will only broadcast your music, we will not distribute it for download.
What are we looking for in your music?
- Christian lyrics. Although we prefer overtly Christian messages(like praise), some lyrics about the Christian experience or how we live out our lives as Christians are acceptable too.
- Good vocals. This is of course very subjective but we prefer if you can carry a tune.
- Good music. This also is very subjective but some sense of rhythm and musicality is a plus.
- Good production. It is well worth it to have your music professionally produced(mixed). This can make or break your bands success. That being said, we have had bands that produced their own music that was phenomenal
Just because we didn't accept your first music submission doesn't mean you should give up. We can provide you with constructive criticism if you ask for it. We have helped several bands get their music on the air in this way. To us, broadcasting Christian Music is a ministry and we love to promote you and your music as a part of it.